Andhra style Brinjal Fry (Brinjal dry fry Indian recipe, Eggplant fry Andhra style)
Posted by Sindhu
Andhra style Brinjal Fry (Brinjal dry fry Indian recipe, Eggplant fry Andhra style, Eggplant fry Indian Recipe, Aubergine fry Indian Recipe)
Brinjal - 1/4 kg
Onion - 1 big (chopped lengthwise)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Cummin Powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - as needed
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard - 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coconut - 1.5 tbsp
Garlic - 5-6 cloves
1. Heat oil in a kadai and pour oil in it.
2. Once the oil is heated, add mustard to it. Once the mustard splutters, add the Onion and curry leaves to it and saute for some time. Add a pinch of salt here to accelerate the process of frying the onion.
3. Once the onion starts to change colour to golden, add the brinjal pieces, and fry for sometime. Remember to keep stirring occasionally as there are chances of sticking to the kadai.
4. After 5 minutes of cooking, add the coconut-garlic paste and mix well. Cook the mixture for 5 minutes till the raw taste of the coconut mixture goes away.
5. Now, add the turmeric, chilli powder, coriander and cummin powders, and mix well.
6. Cover the kadai with a lid, and allow it to cook for 5 more minutes, gently tossing in between.
7. Here you go..Brinjal fry is ready. It is best served with rice or rotis.