Mushroom Capsicum Masala Indian Recipe (Capsicum Mushroom Masala)
Mushroom - 200g (button mushrooms)
Capsicum - 1.5 big (cut into cubes)
Onion - 1 big (sliced thin)
Tomato - 2 (chopped finely)
Coriander Powder - 1 tbsp
Cinnamon - 2' stick
Cloves - 4
Cummin - 1/2 tsp
Yoghurt - 0.5 cup
Coriander Leaves - 2 sprigs
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
Ginger/Garlic - 2 tsp grated
1. Wash the mushrooms, and cut each of them into 4. Add a pinch of turmeric to cold water and put the cut mushrooms in it.
2. Heat oil in a pan, and add cummin, Cinnamon and cloves to it. Once the aroma starts spreading, add grated ginger/garlic and onions to it. Cook for 2 minutes untill the onion turns golden in colour.
3. Once onion is cooked, add tomatoes, salt and the masala powders (turmeric, coriander, chilli), mix and cook for sometime, untill the tomatoes turn mushy.
4. Add the mushrooms at this stage, and cook for some time. Water starts to ooze out from the mushrooms, so additional water is not required.
5. Cook untill three-fourth of the water from the mushroom is evaporated. Add capsicum cubes now, mix well, and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Once most of the water is evaporated, and the capsicum is cooked perfectly (should still be crunchy), remove the dish from the stove. Check salt and add more if needed.
7. Once the curry starts to cool down, add yoghurt, coriander leaves, and mix well. It will be a thick and semi-gravy masala curry.
8. Mushroom Capsicum masala is ready. It can be served with Roti, Chapathi, or Dosa. Dont miss to try this recipe :)...