Paneer Burji Indian Recipe (Paneer Capsicum Fry, Indian Cottage Cheese Bell-Pepper Fry)
One of the healthy forms of Cheese is Paneer. There are a number of Indian recipes with Paneer. Here is a one, which is made almost the same way, you make Egg Burji. Well, I would say, this is a variation of the common Egg Burji, with Capsicum and Paneer instead of Egg.
Paneer : 2 cups (crush and powder it with hand, or grate it)
Capsicum - 1
Onion - 2 medium (finely chopped)
Tomato - 1 large (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1' inch (grated)
Garlic - 4 cloves
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Cummin - 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies - 2 (chopped)
Coriander Leaves - 2-3 sprigs
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Oil - as required
1. Heat Oil in a Kadai, and pour 1 tbsp oil in it. Leave it to heat for sometime.
2. Put the cummin in it, and once it splutters, add ginger, garlic and green chilli to it, and saute for sometime.
3. Fry untill, the ginger - garlic aroma spreads, which will be after 2 mins .
4. Now add Onions to it, and a pinch of salt, to get the onion fried quickly.
5. Once the onions are fried, add the tomatoes to it. Cover and cook in simmer for 3 mins, or untill the tomato is mushy and blended well with the other ingredients.
6. Now add coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric, chilli powder, and salt. Mix well with the other ingredients, and cook for sometime. Saute in between, so that the ingredients dont burn and stick to the bottom.
7. After 2 mins, add the capsicum, cover and cook for 1 min. We dont want the capsicum to overcook, as the taste is best when it is a little crunchy.
8. Now add, the crushed Paneer to the kadai, and mix well with the other ingredients. Check salt to make sure, there is enough. If needed, add more.
9. Once it is mixed well, add the lemon juice, and mix well. Cook for 2 mins. untill all the water is absorbed.
10. Lastly, add chopped coriander and mix well.
11. This dish can be best served with Chapathis or Rotis. Hope you try it at home. Happy Cooking !