The Saiva Manram
The primary objects of the association are:
• Provide forum, place premises and facilities for the worship, prayer, teachings and other related religious and philosophical activities, based on Saivam and the Tamil Language;
• Undertake the provision and continued operation and maintenance of a place of worship with Lord Murugan, the traditional God of Tamil – as the presiding Deity;
• Preserve and enhance the role of Tamil in religious, philosophical, meditative and yogic activities; and
• Undertake other related activities, consistent with the above objects, including;
• Provision of publication and materials for dissemination of knowledge towards the achievement of these objects;
• Conducting research, seminars and workshops
• Conducting worship, prayers, functions etc; and
• Providing an opportunity for understanding and promoting Saivam both as a philosophy and as a way of life.
The complementary objects will be those related to the Educational, Cultural, Social, Linguistic and Historical activities that will:
• Enhance and preserve the role of the Tamil Language in cultural, educational, and community activities including linguistic and cultural instructions such as literature, art, music and dance;
• Foster social and cultural harmony through the provision of appropriate forums and publications for the mutual understanding of the people of different communities;
• Establish and maintain a library with materials predominantly based on Tamil Language, Culture, Philosophy, Religion and related fields.
• Undertake other related activities, consistent with the above objects, including:
• Publishing of newsletters and educational materials;
• Sponsoring or conducting research in related areas;
Sponsoring of traditional arts, music and other related educational / cultural activities;
• Providing opportunities for understanding and / or learning the traditional values and social concepts by participating in appropriate roles; and
• Conducting cultural functions and ceremonies such as weddings, etc.
is located at 217, Great Western Highway , NSW - 2145, Australia. You can contact this listing via this phone number: (02) 9687 1695 .